Friday, January 1, 2010

Musician to be First to Record in Space



West Texas Millionaire Dan Simonis has just confirmed a deal with Virgin Record owner Richard Branson to travel into suborbital space on the craft Space Ship One and be the first musician to record in space. Plans to make the flight are priced at US$200,000.
Simonis will be recording the song "Spaceship", which was on his first record. "I wanted to make history, and so thought it fitting to use this song" he replied. Part of the lyrics go:

I'll fly my spaceship
Go on a long trip
I'll fly my spaceship to the moon

Richard Branson has equipped the craft with studio equipment to conduct the recording. "I'm quite excited, not since 'Tubular Bells' have I had such a challenge".

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Average Insurance