Friday, August 27, 2010

Dan Simonis' biggest Fan



He was just going in to pay for gas (again) for the Caddy, he got a newspaper and went to the counter. Then it happened. He felt someone was watching him and when he looked over, sure enough, there she was. Their eyes locked, and she sheepishly smiled. "You don't know me, but I run the fan club for the West Texas Millionaires, I'm your biggest fan, have all your albums, been to every concert, and, well, you are the greatest.

"Why...thanks" he replied, trying not to be rude but had an appointment. "I saw you at those shows but was to shy to ask for an autograph. Would you please give me an autograph?" Dan started to sweat, but took the receipt from the cashier and gave her the autograph. "Oh thank you, thank you. Oh, can I take a picture of us together from my cell phone. It would really mean a lot." Dan started to squirm at the over 60 woman started to be clingy, but went ahead and asked the cashier to take the picture. "Now I really have to go" Dan told her. "Ok, I can't wait for your next show, I cry at some of your songs." she said starting to get misty. "I'll be looking for you!" Dan blurted on the way out the door. She held the receipt to her bosom and whispered, "What a cowboy, what a dear dear cowboy"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Average Insurance